Add discounts to Qu in two easy steps.
- Create the desired discount
- Create a discount group and associate the discount to it
- A discount group allows multiple discounts to be added to it and then applied to multiple items as opposed to manually adding multiple discounts to multiple items.
- Adding menu items to the discount group
There are two different methods of adding an item to a discount group. If the items have already been created prior to the creation of the group, this is the method to be used. However, if the item is being created after the group, the group should be added as part of the item creation process.
Section 1: Creating a Discount
Navigate to the enterprise level or the store level to which the discount will be applied, go to the configuration section and select discounts, and click on the plus sign
- Discounts can be configured in many ways including by:
- Check Title – The discount name visible on a receipt
- Report Title – The discount name on visible in Qu reports
- Amount – This can either be a percentage of the item cost or a fixed dollar amount.
- Discount Category
- Manager Comp
Section 2: Creating a Discount Group
- Navigate to the enterprise or store level that the discount should be applied to.
- Click on Discount Groups and select the plus sign in the upper right hand corner.
- Give the Discount Group a Title (Such as Holiday Discount or Summer Discount).
- Click on the plus sign to add the previously created discount to the group.
- Select the Discount
- Select the location that the discount should be applied to
- Select the order type
- If the previously set percentage needs to be overridden enter the desired amount in the text box
Section 3: Adding Items to the Discount Group (Alternative Method)
Regardless of whether a check level or a single item discount is being used, all items that will have the discount applied should be added to the group.
- Click on the items section in the Discount group that was created.
- Click on the plus sign and search for the item that should be added to the group.
- Select the item and repeat step 2 for each item to be added.
- Click Save