Reconcile cash drawer amounts using tills. The employee would claim the till on the POS at the beginning of the shift and close it at the end of the shift. The general manager would then use this section to verify that the expected cash amount matches the actual cash amount.
To reconcile a till:
- Navigate to tills under Employees on the store level
- Find the name of the employee and the Terminal for the till that needs to be reconciled and click on it.
- Verify that the actual cash amount matches the expected cash amount. Enter the cash amount in the specified text box (*This number should be the same as the expected cash – The amount that is expected to be in the till*)
- Click Save
|*Some restaurants are used to entering the difference between the starting amount and the ending amount instead of the full amount. Please make sure to enter the full amount|
Sometimes it is necessary to unreconcile a till. To unreconcile a till:
- Navigate to the till list.
- In the search box in the upper right hand corner type in the name of the employee that the till needs to be unreconciled for.
- Choose reconciled from the drop down.
- Click the magnifying glass.
- Select the necessary till.
- Click Unreconcile (this will unreconcile the till and then go back to the unreconciled till list)
Changes now can be made to the newly unreconciled till.