Every time you visit a website, your browser saves all the web data and overtime it could cause problems with logging in or loading up websites. Clearing the browser cache and cookies will allow the browser to function more efficiently.
Here are the steps:
In Internet Explorer
- Select the dropdown arrow for the 'Safety' menu option found in the upper right of the window.
- Click Delete Browsing History.
- Deselect Preserve Favorites Website Data
- Select Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and History.
- Click Delete.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More.
- Click More tools Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
- From the History menu, select Clear Recent History.
- From the Time range to clear: drop-down menu, select the desired range; to clear your entire cache, select Everything.
- Next to "Details", click the down arrow to choose which elements of the history to clear; to clear your entire cache, select all items.
In Safari 8.0 - 10.0 (Mac)
- Click Safari in the upper left-hand side of your screen. In the menu that appears, click Preferences. (+)
- In the window that appears, click the Privacy tab. Click the button Remove All Website Data.... (+)
- Click Remove Now in the pop-up window that appears. (+)