How Do I Apply a Discount?
There are two main ways that a user can apply a discount. The first is by selecting the item and adding a discount to it, and the second is by choosing the discount and allowing the system to select the item or group of items. The process is slightly different depending on whether you want the cashier or the POS to choose the items.
If the cashier is selecting the item: (See Figure 5)
- Select the item you wish to discount.
- Long Press on the Selected Item Name (text) to bring up item discounts.
- In the pop-up window, select the discount you wish to apply.
- Close that window and proceed with processing the rest of the check
If the POS is selecting the items for the cashier: (See Figure 6)
- Select the “Payment” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose “Discounts” towards the top right of the screen.
- Select the desired discount(s)
- Click on the “X” in the top left hand of the pop-up.
- The POS will now reflect the discount in the subtotal calculation.