To process a credit card payment through the EMV terminal:
- Ring in the customer’s order.
- Once the order is complete, at the bottom of the screen, select the Credit button (which should be highlighted in blue to indicate it is ready) to activate the EMV terminal. The POS will move to the payment screen and prevent any action on the terminal until the EMV transaction is complete.
- Alternatively, you may also select the “Payment” button at the bottom of the check creation screen to go to the Payment screen.
- Select “Credit” from the payment options in the payment box, and
- Then select the “Enter Card Data” button to activate the EMV terminal.
- The reader will prompt the user to either insert their card into the EMV reader or, for non-chipped cards, swipe it using the MSR on the device. Once the EMV reader has processed the transaction, it will prompt the customer to remove their card.
- Once the user removes the card, the POS terminal will complete the payment process and close the check.
- If the customer’s card will not read, or the cashier needs to enter the card number manually, you, or the customer, can initiate a manual entry on the EMV device by first completing steps 1-3. Next, when the EMV device requests a chipped or swiped card, press the red “X” (Cancel) button on the reader one time. The EMV terminal will redirect to a manual entry screen to enter the credit card information.
- If you need to cancel a credit card transaction after activating the EMV device, press the red “X” (Cancel) button twice. Make sure to delete the payment box on the POS once it says cancel.