There are two methods for refunding a payment. Which one you use is dependent on a couple of factors.
Method 1: Traditional Refund
If the customer has the closed check receipt, or the cashier can search for it in the system, you will use the "Traditional Refund" method.
Retrieve the order:
- Tap the blue hamburger button in the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap search open checks on the top menu bar.
- Search for the check using the text box or predefined buttons.
- Select the check you want to refund, and select Reopen.
For a Partial Refund:
- After reopening the check, swipe right on the items to return the necessary ones.
- Go to the Payments screen.
- If credit:
- Tap Return Difference to refund the amount for the returned items
- Add a new payment type and select Cash.
- Tap Apply Refund.
For a Full Refund:
- After reopening the check, go to the Payments screen.
- Tap Refund Payment. If cash, a prompt will appear, notifying the cashier of the payment due.
- Swipe right on each item to return it.
- Once the cashier returns all items, go to the Payments screen and tap Close Check.
Method 2: Return Item Refund
- This method is a slightly more straightforward process as it does not require reopening a check. However, it needs the customer to be present to issue a refund.
- Select the item that the customer is returning or getting refunded from the menu.
- Swipe right to return the item (after the cashier has returned the item, the item’s text will be yellow).
- Choose the Refund Reason.
- Select Payment.
- Select the type of refund that should be applied (i.e., cash or credit refund).
- Click Apply Refund, OK, and then Close.