How Do I Refund a Payment?
There are two methods for refunding a payment. Which one you use is dependent on a couple of factors.
Method 1: Traditional Refund
If the customer has the closed check receipt, or you can search for it in the system, then you will use the "Traditional Refund" method.
Retrieve the order:
1. Retrieve the order - Find the check using search by date, ticket number and/or amount
2. Select the check you want to refund, and select Reopen
For a Partial Refund:
1. After reopening the check, swipe right on the items to return the necessary ones
2. Go to the Payments screen
- If credit:
1. Tap Return Difference to refund the amount for the returned items
- If cash:
1. Add a new payment type and select Cash
2. Tap Apply Refund
For a Full Refund:
1. After reopening the check, go the Payments screen
2. Tap Refund Payment. If cash, a prompt will appear notifying the cashier of the payment due
3. Swipe right on each item to return it
4. Once all items are returned, go to the Payments screen and tap Close Check
Method 2: Return Item Refund
This method is a slightly easier process as it does not require reopening a check. However, it requires the customer to be present to issue the refund.
1. Select the item that is being returned from the menu
2. Swipe right to return the item (after it has been returned, the item text will be yellow)
3. Choose the Refund Reason
4. Select Payment
5.. Select the type of refund that should be applied (i.e. cash or credit refund)
6. Click Apply Refund, OK, and then Close