- Obtain a cloth, free of lint and oil.
- Wrap the cleaning cloth around a credit card/debit card. Wrap the cloth around the card so that it completely covers the card's front and rear surface with a single layer.
- Add a tiny amount of isopropyl alcohol to the cloth.
- Swipe the card back and forth gently through the reader.
- Slide the card back and forth through the mag reader slot several times as though you were processing a credit sale. Do not push more vigorously or too quickly, or you might damage the reader.
Attempt to run a sale transaction. See if the reader will now recognize the information on the back of your card.
You can also purchase this cleaning card for your mag stripe reader from the following link: