A manager can reconcile cash drawer amounts using tills. The employee would claim the till on the POS at the beginning of the shift and close it at the end of the shift. The manager would then reconcile the tills to verify that the expected cash amount matches the actual cash amount.
To reconcile a till:
- Navigate to your store under the stores section (depending on your permission level, you may only see one store).
- Click on the tills tab
- Find the name of the employee and the Terminal for the till that needs to be reconciled and click on reconcile.
- Enter the cash amount in the Actual Cash text box (*This number should be the same as the expected cash – The amount that is expected to be in the till*)
- Click Save
|*Some restaurants are used to entering the difference between the starting amount and the ending amount instead of the full amount. Please make sure to enter the full amount|
Sometimes it is necessary to unreconcile a till. To unreconcile a till:
- Navigate to the till list.
- Locate the till that needs to be unreconciled in the till list. Alternatively, you can search by employee, and/or filter by terminal, close date or status.
- Click unreconcile
Changes now can be made to the newly unreconciled till.