A manager can reconcile cash drawer amounts using tills. An employee claims the till on the POS at the beginning of the shift. The same employee then closes the till at the end of the shift. The manager would then reconcile the tills to verify that the expected cash amount matches the actual cash amount.
There are two methods that you can use to reconcile a till
- In Enterprise Intelligence (the admin portal)
- On the terminal immediately after closing the till
- Your admin must enable this feature.
To reconcile a till in Enterprise Intelligence:
- Navigate to admin.qubeyond.com
- Navigate to your store under the Stores section (depending on your permission level, you may only see one store).
- Click on the Tills tab.
- Find the employee's name and the Terminal for the till you will be reconciling, and click reconcile.
- Enter the cash amount in the Actual Cash text box (*This number should be the same as the expected cash – The amount that the system is expecting to be in the till*)
- Click Save
|Some POS systems expect the user to enter the difference between the starting amount of cash and the ending amount of cash. Qu only requires that the user enter the exact amount of cash in the drawer. The system will then calculate the deposits for you.|
Sometimes it is necessary to unreconcile a till. To unreconcile a till:
- Navigate to the till list.
- Locate the till that needs to be unreconciled in the till list. Alternatively, you can search by an employee, filter by the terminal, close date, or status.
- Click unreconcile
Changes now can be made to the newly unreconciled till.
To reconcile a till on the terminal:
- Tap the blue hamburger button at the bottom right of the screen
- On the top menu bar, tap Claim/Close Till
- Tap Close Till
- Tap Reconcile
- If you tap confirm before tapping reconcile, you will have to reconcile the till in Enterprise Intelligence.
- Enter the cash amount in the Actual Cash text box (This number should be the same as the expected cash – The amount that the system expects to be in the till)
- Tap Confirm to verify the amount and to close and reconcile the till