There are 5 types of discounts (percentage, fixed amount, open dollar, open percentage, and substitution) but the fixed dollar discount and percentage are the only ones that allows limiting the number times that the discount can be applied to the check by the cashier.
To limit the number of discounts that can be applied:
- Navigate to the discount group to where the discount is configured
- Click on the pencil next to the applicable discount
- In the Discount Definition section:
- Make sure that unlimited Usages is turned off if setting a limit(switch is to the left)
- Enter a number to the maximum usages text box
- Click Save