There are 3 Fire modes available for sending orders to the Kitchen:
- Fire on Fly
- As items are added to the check, they are immediately sent to the KDS. Additionally, modifications to the item will appear on the KDS as they are added to the item.
- Minimum requirements must be met prior to the item being sent to the KDS
- Fire on Fly is only available for the KDS
- Fire on Next
- An item is sent to the kitchen once the next item is added to the check. If it is the last item, the item will be sent if the cashier manually sends it to the KDS (send or suspend buttons) or it the check is tendered.
- Fire on Next is available for both the KDS and kitchen printer
- If using with a kitchen printer, each item will print on a separate chit
- Fire on Tender/Manual fire (Default)
- Items will be sent to the Kitchen printer or KDS once the check is tendered.
- The check can also be sent to the kitchen using send or suspend buttons.
To enable a fire mode:
- Navigate to Store Groups
- Click on Order Types
- Select the order type for the fire mode that you are configuring and click on its pencil
- In the Fire Mode dropdown, select the relevant fire mode
- Click Edit
- Click Save
- Restart the Qu app on the POS. Items will now be sent to the kitchen using the selected fire mode