As a Restaurant operator, you may want to prevent your kitchen from bumping a check from the KDS until certain criteria are met. Qu supports to options:
- Bump On Send - Prevent Bumping until the check is sent to the kitchen
- Bump on Paid - Prevent Bumping until the customer has paid for the order
Qu sends a completed identifier with every check whenever the check is suspended or paid. However, in order to prevent bumping, there are two places that these settings to configure. To enable these setting you will need to configure
- KDS (For Bump on Send/KDS)
- Whether you are configuring Bump on Send or Bump on Paid, you will need to configure the KDS to recognize the completed identifier.
- EI (For Bump on KDS)
- If you would like to configure Bump on Paid, you will need to configure EI, to send the Unpaid/Paid and to only send the complete identifier when the order is paid (not when it is sent to the kitchen.
When enabled, a check will show "ordering" until the check is either sent to the kitchen or paid by the customer. Once the order is finished, the check will display "Completed" (Bump on Paid will only show Completed once the check is tendered). in addition, if Bump on Paid is enabled, the check will show unpaid, and will show "Paid," and "Completed" once the check is tendered. Once Follow the steps to configure The KDS and EI.
Configure the KDS
- On the KDS, tap the lock icon, to display the menu
- Tap Unlock
- Type in the passcode (9999 by default) and Tap OK
- Tap the lock icon again
- Tap Cheftab Settings/Preferences
- Tap Bump Settings
- Tap Ticket Complete Identifier
- Type in "Completed'
- Tap OK
- Tap the back button twice or until you get back to the cheftab home page
Now kitchen chits will not be able to be bumped unless the ticket shows completed. If you are configuring Bump on Send your setup is complete. If configuring Bump on Paid, continue to the EI configuration.
- Navigate to Enterprise Intelligence and log in using your admin credentials
- Click Stores and Find your stores in the list
- Click the printer next to your store name (the last icon on the right)
- Find the KDS that you will be configuring and click on the blue pencil next to its name
- In the Title textbox, add "_ReqPaid" at the end of the title
- Click Save
After a restart of the POS app, a user will be unable to bump a chit until after the order is paid for by the customer. The check will show unpaid if the customer has not paid and will show