Qu has created several reports to assist you in managing your restaurant, and has organized them into five categories:
|This Guide was created by Qu to help you quickly get acquainted with Qu Report. You can access the Qu 3.5 Reporting Documentation if you would like more information on a specific report and the filters that are available.|
- Overview - Reports that summarize all activity for a specified period
- Sales - Sales related data based on specified metrics
- Labor - Employee related reports based on time entries, tips, and daily activities
- Product - Reports on items and modifiers
- Payments - Sales reports based on different payment metrics
In addition to being organized into categories, each has several filters that allow the presented information to be customized. To view and customize the available filters, click the expand button next to the report’s date.
Each report includes but is not limited to:
- Date Filter - The default date for all reports is the current day
- Location Filter - The default is for all locations that you have access to (For instance if you had access to three stores, the summary report would show the total gross sales for all three for the specified period)
- Employee Filter - Each report shows data for all employees, and the user can filter them to display data for a specific employee. However, in most cases, this filter will not be needed.
Depending on the report, it will have additional filters for customizing it. For example, the payment report includes order type, order channel, credit card type, check state, and payment type filters in addition to text filters for check number, reference number, and ticket reference.
These filters also exist in a couple of different formats:
- Dropdown - Allows you to select an existing option(s) from a dropdown list (the date filter is the most common example of this.
- Radio - Allows only one selection from a list of existing options.
- The location filter is a notable example of this, as it reveals additional filter options. If the store list is selected, the interface displays a dropdown prompting for the selection of one or more stores. If the user chooses the reporting group option, the add button must be selected, which presents a checklist to choose one or more options.
- Checklist - Allows selecting one or more options from a list (the relevant reports display Order Type and Order channel filters in this format).
- Textbox - Allows the user to search for data based on a specified filter (Search by check number is the most common example of this filter type)
- Column/Field Selection - Some reports allow the addition or removal of columns/Fields. Simply click into the Fields box to reveal a dropdown of available options.
Additionally, the user can save each report as a custom report (with the filters and customizations that you have selected), scheduled (to be emailed regularly), exported (downloaded or emailed as either an Excel file, CSV, or PDF), and printed.
The overview reports (as the name suggests) presents an overview of data in a couple of different formats. There are four reports in this section:
- Real-Time Summary - Presents a concise up to the minute overview of key performance indicators (KPIs) for the current day. The information collected in this report is useful for obtaining a quick snapshot of the store's recent activity. The KPIs include:
- Net Sales
- Gross Sales
- Labor Cost
- Labor Percentage
- Summary - Presents an overview of KPIs for a store or group of stores for a selected period and is useful for obtaining a historical summary of its activity.
- Summary by Date - Presents an overview of KPIs for a store or group of stores for a selected period. The report displays the data for each date in the chosen period in individual columns.
- Store Comparison Report - Presents sales, labor, and item KPIs for each selected store. Useful for comparing KPI’s for two or more stores.
The sales reports present information relevant to the closed checks. The information includes detailed check data, discounts, taxes, etc.
- Check Detail - Presents a detailed list of checks, including Gross and net sales, discounts, taxes, and service charges. View an image of the check by clicking on the check number
- Web Order - Detailed view of all web orders including check state and check processing state
- Check States
- Closed - The customer has submitted the check.
- ReadyToProcess - The check is ready for processing at the POS to fulfill the web order.
- Check Processing States
- InProgress - The system has created the check, and the user is adding items to the check
- StoreAcknowledged - The POS has downloaded the check
- SentToKitchen - The POS has sent the check to the kitchen
- ReceiptPrinted - The POS has printed the check at the receipt printer
- Hourly Sales - Displays a sales summary by the hours. The report includes check total, net sales, average check amount, discounts, service charges, taxes, and net sales percentage.
- Discounts - Displays all discounts and their amounts for the selected period.
- Service Charges - Displays all service charges and their amounts for the selected period.
- Taxes - Displays all taxes and their amount for the selected period. The report also included total tax exempted checks and the amount of exempted tax.
- Customers - Included all customers and their information entered on the POS or the web ordering site. The collected information includes first name, last name, phone number, email address, last order date, total orders, the total dollar amount spent, and registration status.
The labor reports present employee-related information, including time entry and payroll data, employee activity, and collected tips.
- Labor Summary - displays all time entries and total hours worked for each employee at a store(s). The report includes regular and overtime hours.
- Payroll Summary - Display, total, regular, and overtime hours, and regular and overtime earnings for each employee
- Labor Red Flag - Displays the total activity for several KPIs. This report is useful for analyzing whether the store or employee uses specific actions (e.d voids) too often.
- Tip - Displays all tips collected by each employee.
The product reports present data on items and modifiers sold within the store.
- Product Mix - Presents a detailed list of each item or modifier sold by the store. The report organizes the items by predefined item groups.
- Returned Items - Shows all returned or refunded items.
- Product by Location - Lists all items sold by location. Useful for comparing the performance of each item by store.
- Voided Items - Displays all voided items by an employee.
- Modifiers - Displays all modifiers included with each menu item. Click on the arrow next to the item to view the modifiers. To view the checks that had the item, click on the item name.
The payment reports present information based on the type of payment that was used to complete each transaction (i.e. cash, credit, gift, etc.).
- Tills - Presents details on all closed tills by an employee.
- Payment Details - Displays a detailed list of checks and payment types. The report includes the credit card type, approval number, and last four of the card number for credit transactions.
- Refunds - Lists all refunded checks by an employee.