To gain access to the POS or Enterprise Intelligence (EI), admins need to create the user. Follow the steps below to create a user account.
Enter Employee’s Basic Information
- Login to https://admin.qubeyond.com.
- Click the Employees button.
- Click Add Employee.
- You can edit several fields in the Basic Information section. Most are optional but ensure that you enter or select the required ones.
- First Name
- Last Name
- PIN (only if the user will be logging into the POS
- Employee group (this is the location that the employee will have access to (Depending on your access level, you may see one or more employee groups in the drop-down)
Note that there is an employees link and an Employee Groups Link. For this task, you will need to select the Employees link.
Assign a Job Title to the Employee
To assign a user access to the pos, follow the step below (like the Basic Information section, EI requires you to complete these steps to save the user profile).
- Click Add Job Title.
- Select a job title from the drop-down (The job title determines the permissions that a user will have when accessing the POS).
- Select a payroll profile (The payroll profile determines the pay rules that the system will apply when calculating a user’s pay - overtime, break-rules, etc.).
- If applicable, assign an hourly wage rate.
- Assign a job start date (If none is selected, the system will choose today as the start date.
- Click Add.
- Click Save.
Assign Security Permissions
If the user needs to log in to Enterprise Intelligence, you will need to configure security permissions. You will assign one or more user groups and location groups to the user. The user group will determine what they have access to, and the location group will determine where they have that access. Follow the steps to assign permissions.
- Click the Security tab.
- Assign a username (We generally recommend that you use an email address for the username).
- Assign a password
The password must be 8 to 20 characters in length. It must have at least one lowercase and uppercase letter and one number.
- Assign a user group from the list of available options. Once you click on the text field, a user group dropdown will appear; start typing a user group name if you would like to search.
- Click Assign Location Groups.
- There are seven possible groups. Click the dropdown next to each relevant location group and assign the location that the user needs to access (depending on your permissions, you may see none, one, or many user groups).
- Menu Group
- Store Group
- Discount Group
- Tax Group
- Service Charge Group
- Employee Group
- Reporting Group
- Once completed, click Apply.
- Click Save.
If a user needs access to multiple location groups of the same type (i.e., two menu groups), click Apply once you have added the first set of groups (e.g., 1st menu group, 1st discount group, 1st store group, etc.). Follow steps 4-6 until the remaining locations are assigned.